The Las Vegas Street Magic Super-Sessions
A Three-Day Journey into the Heart and Art of Street Magic
What do Penn & Teller, David Blaine, Harry Anderson and Amazing Jonathan all have in common? They all began their careers with Street Magic! Yes, many of the world's most famous magicians began as street performers, and the skills they learned helped them in their careers. Now it's your turn to learn the secrets of the masters!
These classes will teach you to:
- Gain confidence and how to control your audience
- Develop your character and showmanship skills
- Polish your presentations
- Have fun and make money at the same time!
Who is this class for?
- Magicians interested in learning how to perform more powerful magic
- Anyone interested in the performance, business, art and history of Street Magic
- Performers who want to learn how to capture attention and control an audience
- Performers who want to make more money with their magic or travel the world with their show
- Magicians who want to learn the techniques to work the streets and how to apply them to other venues
Three Saturdays in June - 4, 11, 18 - 12:00 p.m. (noon) to 2:00 p.m. Pacific time
Registration $145 until June 1, then increases to $195
The Las Vegas Street Magic Super-Sessions
Embark on a three-day journey into the "Heart and Art of Street Magic." Street magic has endured through the ages and still proves to be a wonderful way to not only share your magic, but to make a living performing it! Jeff McBride and Mario Morris have been hosting the Las Vegas Street Magic Summit for over ten years. Now, for the first time, they bring this exciting class online for all to participate. If you have ever wanted to learn the secrets of Street Magic from the masters, now you can!
Please know that all classes will be recorded! If you miss a class, you can always enjoy the powerful teachings at any time that is convenient to you and your schedule.
Imagine being able to go anywhere in the world and make a living doing what you love!
Now you can make that dream a reality! During this special three-week class, Jeff McBride and guest teacher Mario Morris will share the real secrets of performing Street Magic. They will share their insights born of years of experience and teach special magic effects that are best suited for today's Street Magic venues. During this class, both real Street Performance and Street Magic for Television will be covered. You will have an amazing time, with intense learning and great fun with Street Magic!
Some of the material we will cover:
- Venues and finding the right pitch to make your show a success
- How to deal with difficult spectators and hecklers
- Dealing with police and restrictions
- Sidewalk shows, circle shows, working Renaissance festivals, and even barnstorming bars and restaurants!
Week One: "Make 'em Stop!" - Show Stopping Magic for Capturing Attention
We will focus on selecting great material that is eye-catching and makes people stop, pay attention and participate in your show. We will share special techniques of crowd building and crowd management. We will explore how to perform the most eye-catching effects and how to turn cool individuals into a hot audience! You will learn how to attract attention and the secret techniques of the "crowd build." These techniques can be applied to most any venue and audience.
Week Two: "Make 'em Stay!" - Winning the Crowd and Holding Attention
The Main Show! In this exciting class you will learn the secrets of how to select the very best material that will hold up to the demanding conditions of the street. You will also learn the secret techniques to hold attention and retain your crowd so they don't walk away. You will learn what are the best tricks, effects and routines for Street Magic busking - and you will get insider information on the very best magic to perform and how to work the crowd!
Week Three" "Make 'em Pay!" - Learn the Art of the Grand Finale
What does it take to create a powerful grand finale? Our class will teach you the formulas that have stood the test of time. One of the best-kept secrets of street performers is the "hat pitch." This is the real make or break of the show - either you will be successful or you will fail! We will cover many strategies, scripts and surefire techniques that will get you the "fat hats."
- Spend quality time with both living and past masters of the art. Get access to our Master Key file of private videos, PDFs and class transcriptions - a treasure chest of magical riches for you to explore.
- Meet like-minded magicians and other performing artists who can grow your network of friends around the world.
- Learn how magicians and other performing artists have used Street Magic in performances and how you can adapt these skills to your show.
- Learn new techniques and skills to incorporate into your performances and make you stand out in the crowd.
- Explore the powerful art of Street Magic to expand your markets beyond culture-bound language and cultural boundaries.
- All classes are recorded - you have access for one full year, so you can watch again anytime!
- Each class includes 30 minutes of question and answer time at the end, so your specific concerns will be addressed.
The Las Vegas Street Magic Super-Sessions!
This class series will happen on three consecutive Saturdays in June - 4, 11, 18 - at 12:00 p.m. (noon) to 2:00 p.m. Pacific time, which makes it accessible for our friends in Europe and Asia.
Each class will be 90 minutes, with another 30 minutes of question and answer time.
Tuition is $145 until June 1, when it will increase to $195. Register early and save!
Scholarships and stipends are available by application, so if you have any financial challenges go here: https://www.magicalwisdom.com/scholarships
Questions? Call Abigail at (702) 450-0021.
Mario Morris - Creator of the world-famous School of Busking and trainer to top street magicians around the world.
Jeff McBride - Long-time friend and student of Jeff Sheridan, the "Father of Modern Street Magic."
Will Bradshaw - From the Fremont Street Experience street show in Las Vegas.
Paul Draper - Renaissance faire performer and past resident magician at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas.
In addition to his work as a performer, McBride is in demand as a teacher and lecturer for magicians and lay audiences.
Will Bradshaw is a rising star in the Las Vegas magic scene.
Mario Morris is a renowned street performer and comedy magician who specializes in street theater.
Cultural Anthropologist, Comedy Presenter, Mind-reader & Keynote Speaker