The Story Master Series
A Journey to the Heart & Soul of Magic
Three Consecutive Saturdays, November 21, 28 and Dec. 5 / 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Pacific Time
Your LIFE: is filled with stories
Your STORY: Is what makes you unique
Your MAGIC: Can enhance and empower your stories
Learn the essential secrets of enhancing YOUR personal stories with magic!
Experience the world’s greatest magicians, sharing their most meaningful stories!
Jeff will guide you through video archives, personal stories and exciting performance routines that he will teach you to illustrate and enhance your personal story-telling magic. In this course, we will focus on three major aspects of the creative process.
- Telling Your Personal Story: Finding Your Character & Presentation Style
- Magic as Visual Metaphor: Selecting Magic Effects to Empower and Embellish Your Story
- Making Meaningful Connections: Techniques of the Masters to Touch the Heart and Soul
1. TELLING YOUR STORY: The Heart of the Art of Magic
“A Magician is an actor playing the part of a great magician.” said Robert Houdin, the Father of Modern Magic
These magical teachings focus on STORY-TELLING MAGIC & PERFORMANCE. In “Telling Your Personal Story,” you will learn how to find your character & presentation style. Join Jeff McBride for this EXCLUSIVE series that will NOT be shown anywhere else. He will teach you how to unlock your inner story-teller. We will focus on improvisation skills, scripting and memorization techniques, and how to make a memorable story. Not all stories have words, however, every magic routine tells a story, and you will learn the secret key to help you unlock presentations for many of the magic effects you already own or perform.
2. MAGIC AS VISUAL METAPHOR: New Ways of Seeing
Since the dawn of time, magicians have used the power of symbol to evoke deep responses and stir the imagination. Jeff will unlock a treasure trove of rich magical stories, symbols, metaphors and more to enhance your magical performances. Drawing on his vast experience of multicultural studies, you will learn how to apply his time tested techniques to enrich your understanding and performances. We will also explore “The Twenty Essential Effects” of magic.
3. MAKING MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS WITH YOUR MAGIC: Touching and Moving Your Audience
Magic is an international language. In this class, we will focus on adding “your personal touch” to your performances. You will learn a few new tricks, and you will also learn the closely guarded trade secrets for engaging and connecting with your audiences, one on one, or in crowds. Whether you are a full time professional, or a magic enthusiast who performs only for a few friends or the grandkids, we are all called on to perform magic in social situations. When we perform, we have a choice, we can perform “a bunch of tricks,” or, we can take the opportunity to connect on a deeper emotional level with our audiences. In this class, Jeff will show you the specific techniques you can use to make meaningful connections, with or without words.
Each day will start at 11am pacific time. and class will run for 90 minutes. After each class, there will be additional time for questions and conversations.
Your tuition includes these amazing take-aways:
- 9 NEW AND ORIGINAL MAGIC EFFECTS, ROUTINES AND PRESENTATIONS YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR PERFORMANCES
- VIDEO RECORDINGS OF THE ENTIRE 3 CLASS SERIES FOR YOU TO WATCH ON DEMAND, OR IF YOU MISS CLASS
- PERFORMANCES, LECTURES & PERSONAL Q & A TIME WITH JEFF
- THE MCBRIDE MASTER KEY VIDEO AND PDF ARCHIVE OF ALL TOPICS, ROUTINES AND DISCUSSIONS FROM ALL THREE CLASSES
- ACCESS TO THE EXCLUSIVE MYSTERY SCHOOL ONLINE DISCUSSION GROUP
- CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
After class, talks will be filled with Jeff reminiscing of his personal encounters with George Carlin, Eugene Burger, Max Maven, Ricky Jay, Jim Steinmeyer, Mike Caveny, S.H. Sharpe, Rene Lavand, Christian Chelman, as well as reflections on Punx, Alan Watts, and others.